Friday, March 19, 2010

Great Songs and Grooveshark

I have two aims for this post.
1. To share some songs that I think are really cool. But not in a "this is the greatest song of all time because of its mass epicness" sort of way but in a "This is a really cool song that makes my ears happy" sort of way. Think the difference between "Stairway to Heaven" vs. "Free Fallin." Hopefully this makes some sense. If not, there's still number 2.
2. Introduce you to the greatness of Grooveshark.com (if you were not already aquainted)

My Morning Jacket - "I'm Amazed" off Evil Urges - Listen
Ryan Adams - "Good Night Rose" off Easy Tiger - Listen
Son Volt - "Drown" off Trace - Listen
Lyle Lovett - "If I had a Boat" off Pontiac - Listen
Flaming Lips - "Fight Test" off Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - Listen
The Cure - "Just Like Heaven - off Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me - Listen
ZZ Top - "Just Got Paid" off Rio Grande Mud - Listen (To enjoy fully you must turn up loud... Louder.)
Cross Canadian Ragweed - "Hey, Hey" off Carney - Listen

You may already know all of these songs. That's Okay. And obviously this is not an exhaustive list of the songs I like, I just wanted to share and perhaps spur others to make a list like this.

Let me know what you think of my selections and then make your own list.

No comments: